Simplifying nutrition and using food as medicine - one bite at a time.

My goal with this blog is to set folks straight about what good nutrition really is! Starting by discarding the info we get every day from 'sponsors' that do not really have our best interests at heart, I want to inspire you to eat better AND realize it is much easier than you thought it would be!

Just about any health issues can be addressed with nutrition (and meditation), from mild to chronic to acute. We truly have the ability to heal ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually...

And you can use your daily routine as your vehicle to drive that change :)


Join me...

Quote of the Month

"When food, in the minds of eaters, is no longer associated with farming and with the land, then the eaters are suffering a kind of cultural amnesia that is misleading and dangerous"
~Wendell Berry

Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Years tip #3...

Eat a new vegetable this week.
Pick one. Eat it every day.

*The key is to have it in addition to the other veggies you are already eating so you are upping your veggie intake.
It is, afterall, unanimously agreed upon; we all need to eat more veggies.

Do it. It's easy.
->Turn off the story loop that keeps telling you that you're too busy, don't like veggies, life's too short to eat so many veggies, it's too hard...just do it. It's actually easy.

Remember every positive change you makes, makes a difference in your health.
So do small changes gradually and they will certainly add up.

My choice this past week has been sprouts.
I like the 'deli blend' you can get at the supermarket, or sometimes just alfalfa is all that will do.
I use them as a salad base, because leafy green are not where it is at at this winter-y time of year.

(Note: raw leafy's are hard to digest and not very nutrient dense nor seasonally appropriate. Skip them and eat sprouts instead. You'll like it :)  Wait 'til Spring and then go crazy on the leafies again. I will too.

Keep well my friends...
Lisa Marie

PS: So by now you have figured out that I don't post daily...or even weekly. I post when I'm moved to post (and when i have time to). Hopefully that will be more often this year (as i shut off my internal story loop that keeps me from doing what I really want to do). That is my goal. Stay tuned...and spread the food love...

No comments:

Post a Comment