(For those of you a little out of the loop - it's tomorrow!)
Instead of buying your sweetie (or yourself) that junky chocolate, or those sickly sweet cinnamon hearts...
I implore you...do something a little different. Perhaps comething a little more traditional.
How 'bout a homemade card? Some poetry? A day out in nature? A massage?
Or... one of my personal faves; a dynamite homecooked meal! (Yeah!)
Make a good effort to make what your sweetie's heart sings for...go on you can do it!
Bring on the vitamin 'L'...
Here is my list of inspirations (feel free to improvise!)
- For the Paleo lover...One-pan roasted (organic/free range) chicken with potatoes/onions and carrots in the same pot (so they get basted and the resulting liquid acts as an easy gravy. Mmmm...) *Of course it wouldn't hurt to sautee a little broccoli/chard/red cabbage on the side for added colour, nutrients & alkalinity.
- For the carb-loving Vegetarian love in your life...Wild Mushroom & Leek Risotto
- And for the ador-able Vegan...Grilled Tempeh with Orange/Maple Glaze... on a bed of thai red rice or quinoa
And don't forget that Valentine's Day should really be every day...so maybe make your sweetie (or yourself!) a fab breakfast or lunch more often...
- Smoked Salmon Eggs Benny w/ Sauteed Spinach
- Gluten-Free or Spelt Pancakes (* hint: use fresh-ground Buckwheat groats and quinoa as flour + eggs to bind) loaded with berries & topped with peaches and full fat greek yogourt (Made this last weekend for my sweetie and brought him on his knees! - not literally, dirty bird!!)
- Wild Mushroom & Braised Greens Omellete (sounds way fancier than it is!)
- Sensational Smoothie with fresh-ground pumpkin seeds and walnuts, kale, coconut milk, - fresh/frozen/seasonal fruit (ie: apples, pears, berries) - topped with cinnamon.
Hope this post got your juices flowing...I know it did mine!
Keep on keeping it real...Lisa Marie xo