Simplifying nutrition and using food as medicine - one bite at a time.

My goal with this blog is to set folks straight about what good nutrition really is! Starting by discarding the info we get every day from 'sponsors' that do not really have our best interests at heart, I want to inspire you to eat better AND realize it is much easier than you thought it would be!

Just about any health issues can be addressed with nutrition (and meditation), from mild to chronic to acute. We truly have the ability to heal ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually...

And you can use your daily routine as your vehicle to drive that change :)


Join me...

Quote of the Month

"When food, in the minds of eaters, is no longer associated with farming and with the land, then the eaters are suffering a kind of cultural amnesia that is misleading and dangerous"
~Wendell Berry

Monday, November 3, 2014

My new show...Found + Foraged

Hello friends,
Well, I just got back from an amazing workshop at Hollyhock on Cortes Island with none other than Paul Stamets - someone I've admired and who's work I've followed for years now. I think I'm still floating...
It was particularly special because my Mom and I attended together. What a unique experience; one we'll undoubtedly never forget. More on this later...

In other news...I am very excited to fill you in on a project I've been working on. It's a lifestyle series called Found + Foraged and it's all about foraging on the west coast of BC in various landscapes and interviewing experts in re: various wild edibles.
Please have a look at our Facebook page and/or check out our promo video on YouTube. With a little luck, Telus Communications might just pick it up for their Optik TV .... or who knows what other possibilities there might be.
We've already have a few VERY interesting experts that we'll be interviewing (hint: one of them is Wade Davis!!! I cannot tell you how stoked I am about him agreeing to be interviewed by me! I think my heart may still be racing now, a week later ;) I'm a big fan of his work.

Feeling very excited!

Foraging is something I spend a lot of time doing as a hobby, you could say, and my focus the past few years has been medicinal mushrooms. I'm very passionate about it and it feels very much in alignment with who I am.
And so I want to share it with everybody and inspire folks to get outside, eat healthier (and as local as possible) - all while learning, being inspired and hopefully benefiting the local environment and our connection to it.
Wish us luck...

Sending lots of love and healthy vibes out to you and yours...
Lisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment